`Rare` Beatles Shea Stadium photos fetch $48K at auction
London: Pictures of The Beatles` 1965 Shea Stadium concert, which were taken by an amateur photographer, have been sold out for 48,000 dollars.
Shea Stadium was The Beatles` biggest concert - and the biggest ever pop concert by any group up to that date.
The photographer-Marc Weinstein bluffed his way backstage by using a fake press pass to get next to the stage for the historic New York gig, the BBC reported.
Omega Auctions said that Weinstein`s 61 black and white images with copyright fetched 30,680 pounds compared with a pre-sale estimate of 15,000 pounds - 20,000 pounds.
Auctioneer Paul Fairweather said the successful bidder was a South American gentleman currently living in Washington and is a huge collector of Beatles memorabilia.
A further collection of 65 unpublished colour slides of the rock band, taken by physicist Dr Robert "Bob" Beck in 1964, were sold for 27,140 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Rukmini- devoted wife of Sri Krishna and incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed to Sanjay Dutt for Rajkumar Hirani's biopic!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission