`Selfie` obsession in Bollywood
New Delhi: Bollywood celebrities seem to be taking selfies like fish to water.
If getting autographs was once a trend, Selfies has become the new trend of communication for celebrities. `Selfie` is the Oxford Dictionary`s Word of the Year 2013, all thanks to the Selfie revolution at this year`s Oscars. Bollywood celebrities followed suit at this year`s IIFA in Tampa Bay, Florida.
`Rockstar` actress, Nargis Fakhri said, "Selfies have definitely taken over from autographs, and I think, it`s kind of fun and cool, I like it, I am all about Selfies".
Selfie is an obsession and now a sign of self esteem. Although selfies don`t always represent self obsession, but in most cases they do.
According to Bigg Boss 7 winner, Gauhar Khan, selfies are overrated and an obsession, but she still loves it.
"I think everyone does go little overboard with things in life, it becomes a fad and I think now it`s over rated but I am self obsessed and I love my self too much so I like clicking selfies, " said Gauhar.
Whether the selfie culture is lame or legit, it sure is a reflection of your life through social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting