`Upset` fans stage walkout after Madonna uses guns in Colorado gig
Washington: Madonna’s fans walked out of her concert after the pop diva used guns to open her performance in Denver on Thursday night.
Madonna started her show at the Pepsi Center in Denver with a gun scene that she has used in previous performances.
However, fans said the 54-year-old singer should have been more sensitive in the state, where 12 people were killed during a ‘Batman’ movie screening in July, a news channel has reported.
According to NBC affiliate KUSA-TV, the station received several calls Friday from concert-goers saying that they were offended that she used guns and violence as part of her show.
Madonna’s press agent, Liz Rosenberg, said that there was no way to eliminate the scene, as it was a core part of the show.
“It’s like taking out the third act of Hamlet,” she said.
Rosenberg also said that Madonna’s style was to shake things up.
“Madonna does not make things pretty and tie them up with a bow,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!