3-4 cups of coffee a day can cut stroke risk by 17pc
London: Drinking three to four cups of coffee a day can make us 17 percent less likely to suffer a stroke, a new research has found.
Antioxidants in the drink stop blood clots on the brain as they protect against cholesterol build-up, the report said.
Scientists came to this conclusion after looking at data from eight studies on consumption from the past 45 years, reports the Mirror.
Meanwhile, researchers found those drinking two cups a day were 14 per cent less likely to suffer a clot on the brain than non-drinkers.
Caffeine addicts who get through six or more cups a day only see a reduction in risk of around 7 per cent.
But the Swedish study admitted coffee “may have both beneficial and harmful effects”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles