800-yr-old Yoda voted ‘best screen puppet of all times’
Melbourne: Jedi Master Yoda has been voted as the best screen puppet in a poll of top TV and film puppets conducted by UK movie rental and online streaming service ‘Lovefilm’.
The tiny green creature, which was created by the team behind ‘The Muppets’ and was first seen in ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, leaped ahead of Sooty and Kermit The Frog.
The 800-year-old puppet drew nearly a quarter of the votes in the poll.
Yoda, with a dab hand and a light saber, was followed by Kim Jong-il from spoof film ‘Team America’ in the second place and Kermit, also created by the Muppet-makers in the third spot.
Zippy from children``s show ‘Rainbow’ - voiced by the late Roy Skelton - came fourth.
“It is clear we have a love of puppets whether on the small or big screen and it seems our favourites will never get old,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lovefilm editor Helen Cowley as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles