800-yr-old Yoda voted ‘best screen puppet of all times’
Melbourne: Jedi Master Yoda has been voted as the best screen puppet in a poll of top TV and film puppets conducted by UK movie rental and online streaming service ‘Lovefilm’.
The tiny green creature, which was created by the team behind ‘The Muppets’ and was first seen in ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, leaped ahead of Sooty and Kermit The Frog.
The 800-year-old puppet drew nearly a quarter of the votes in the poll.
Yoda, with a dab hand and a light saber, was followed by Kim Jong-il from spoof film ‘Team America’ in the second place and Kermit, also created by the Muppet-makers in the third spot.
Zippy from children``s show ‘Rainbow’ - voiced by the late Roy Skelton - came fourth.
“It is clear we have a love of puppets whether on the small or big screen and it seems our favourites will never get old,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lovefilm editor Helen Cowley as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check