9 in 10 Brits ‘never reveal how much salary they earn’
London: A new survey has found that ninety percent of British never discuss how much salary they earn with anyone other than close family.
A poll conducted by Money Advice Service found that just seven percent discuss what they take home with people they do not know.
It also found that two percent would lie about their salary.
“It’s high time money stopped being a taboo. Sadly, it is a tough topic – it evokes strong emotions, perhaps guilt, fear or embarrassment,” the Daily Star quoted psychologist Prof Karen Pine as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting