Actress Sally Farmiloe dead
Los Angeles: British actress Sally Farmiloe is dead following a battle with bone and liver cancer. She was 60.
The "Howard`s Way" actress passed away peacefully in her sleep Monday (July 28) afternoon surrounded by her family members, reportedly.
Her agent said that Farmiloe took "a turn for the worse" about a month ago. "She just faded away. She was very weak and she just went to sleep. She was not in pain and she just slipped away."
She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012, and appeared to have won the battle after undergoing successful chemotherapy.
However, months later in August 2013, doctors found the disease had spread to her bones and liver, and she was subsequently diagnosed with terminal cancer.
She became an inspiration to others fighting the illness and went on to write a book about her battle with breast cancer titled "My Left Boob".
Farmiloe made a name for herself as an actress on the hit 1980s drama and with supporting roles in various British films, but it was her secret three-year affair with author and politician Jeffrey Archer that catapulted her to fame in 1999.
Archer told a newspaper, "After Sally`s brave struggle against this terrible disease, I was saddened to hear the news of her death".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did you know how many alcohol bottles Nawazuddin Siddiqui crush in 'Raees' trailer?
- All you want to know about Pradosh Vrat!
- All I ever wanted to be was an entertainer, says Ranveer Singh
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!