Adam Sandler calls young fan with leukemia
Los Angeles: Funnyman Adam Sandler made a surprise call to an eight-year-old fan with leukemia after the boy and his family made online pleas to the star.
Sandler, 47, had a phone conversation recently with Grady Lynch after the kid posted a video in which he proclaimed that he was Sandler`s biggest fan and wanted to have a barbecue with him, reportedly.
Family friend John Kinnear also pleaded for the actor-comedian to get in touch with Lynch (and for readers to help make this happen) in a blog post, which he updated to reveal that Sandler called Lynch directly one evening, posting a photo of the happy kid on the phone "with his hero."
Lynch was diagnosed with acute undifferentiated leukemia in February, and his father posted his video message to Sandler to Youtube last week.
In the clip, Lynch talks about how Sandler`s movies made him feel better when he was going through some hard times, naming `Grown Ups`, `Mr Deeds`, `Jack and Jill` and `Click` as some of his favorites.
"Thanks for always making me laugh," he said. Lynch`s particular form of cancer requires a three-year treatment, his family explained in a message at the end of the video, saying they have "learned how to focus on the positive and keep laughing. Adam Sandler sure has helped!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles