Add some fun to your work space at home
How about creating a dedicated work space at home to finish all pending chores from your office? Keep this zone funky and inviting to keep yourself motivated enough.
New Delhi: How about creating a dedicated work space at home to finish all pending chores from your office? Keep this zone funky and inviting to keep yourself motivated enough.
FabFurnish.com, an online Indian furniture and interior decoration retailer, has shared tips to help you add a snazzy twist to your home office:
* Bring home the basics: Fill your space with the essential furniture you need for working efficiently. Make sure you have sturdy shelves, tables and cabinets to organise all your equipment and files in an orderly fashion.
* Get a wacky touch: Yes, you need the traditional office furniture like tables, chairs and storage space, but you can give a wacky effect to these as well. Think of furniture in bright shades that are cheerful and welcoming. Trade a regular chair with a wicker one. Instead of the regular cabinets on the wall, above the work desk, think of stowing files and paperwork in a cool basket under the table. This can be easier to reach out to as well.
* Keep it compact: If you are really pressed for space and can’t figure out how to squeeze in a table, storage space or a white board in any room of your house, here’s a solution. Go in for an armoire-style compact study table. The desk should be able to accommodate your desktop/laptop. These cosmopolitan tables offer plenty of storage space over and under the work area. As the doors close, the armoire becomes perfectly unobtrusive to the scheme of your interiors. When you open the doors, you can use the insides to put sticky notes and little reminders of your to-do list.
* Let there be light: Ensure that your home office has a lot of natural light as this can aid concentration and keep your momentum going. Open bookshelves placed against a window are a great idea. You could also place your table facing a window or balcony and place an indoor plant on it for a completely close-to-nature feel. If you don’t, however, have a space that gets enough sun, install pretty lamps in your work area. Lamps that hang down from walls vivify any spot. If this can’t be arranged, place a table lamp or two in vibrant hues and happy motifs on the desk.
* Add oodles of personality: If you don’t want a place that reminds you of an office at all, fret not! You can add oodles of personality to your home work space with a few clever elements. Opt for low tables and floor seating. Maybe, place a bean bag and give yourself the option of switching seating styles when you like. Infuse pops of colour to this area with wall art and funky, low floor lamps.