Adele asked to write children`s book
London: Singer Adele has been approached by Puffin to pen a children`s book and the publishers believe she could become as big a success as `Harry Potter` creator JK Rowling.
The 25-year-old singer, who has 10-month-old son Angelo with her boyfriend Simon Konecki, has been approached by top publishing company Puffin to pen a story for kids which will be an easy-read for beginners, feature simple images and follow a storyline based on motherhood, reported Daily Star.
"Adele loves the idea. It won`t reveal anything too personal as that`s not her style. But the book will be something she can have as a memory of her early days as a mum and also something she can dedicate to her son. Everyone is very excited," a source said.
Adele, who won the Best Original Song Oscar earlier this year for her James Bond theme `Skyfall`, will follow the likes of Madonna, Ricky Gervais and David Walliams who have also had big hits with children`s fiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu to watch 'Pink' with President Pranab Mukherjee
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Kangana Ranaut REVEALS her best scenes chopped off from 'Rangoon'!
- 'Rangoon' humble tribute to Netaji, INA: Vishal Bhardwaj