Adele, Rowan Atkinson on Queen`s birthday honours list
London: Singer Adele and `Mr Bean` star Rowan Atkinson are recipients of coveted titles on Queen Elizabeth`s birthday honours list.
The 87-year-old monarch has bestowed a Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) medal on 25-year-old Grammy winner Adele, while funnyman Atkinson has been awarded a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire), reported Daily Mirror.
Adele`s honour comes during a very special year for the new mother. She picked up her first Oscar in February for co-writing the theme to hit Bond film `Skyfall`.
The two celebrities are among the nearly 1,200 people who have been recognised by The Queen on her birthday.
Atkinson`s former Blackadder sidekick Tony Robinson has been handed a knighthood and will therefore be able to add `Sir` to his name.
Meanwhile, one-time Bond villain Julian Glover, actress Claire Bloom and revered cinematographer Roger Deakins join Atkinson on the list of CBE recipients, celebrated sculptor Anish Kapoor has been given a knighthood, British comedian Rob Brydon and singer PJ Harvey have been honoured with MBEs and grown-up child star Aled Jones has picked up an OBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) medal.
Authors Jackie Collins, Kate Mosse and Joanne Harris have also been recognised on The Queen`s birthday honours list. Collins and Mosse pick up CBEs for services to literature, while Harris is among the MBE recipients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is
- Are Indians shifting their focus from gyming to dancing – Click here to read more
- Interesting! Here’s how India women feel about representation of woman in movies