Adele`s cancer-suffering father wants to meet grandson
London: Adele`s estranged father, who is suffering from cancer, wants to meet the singer`s son Angelo because he is worried he could die before he gets to see his grandson.
Adele`s father, Mark Evans, admitted he wasn`t there for his daughter but hopes to meet his 10-month old grandson in case he passes away before he gets the chance, reported Sun Online.
"I was not there for my daughter when I should have been. I have regretted that every second of every day. It tears me up inside. I still haven`t met Angelo and I`m facing the fact I may never do. It could be over for me before I get to make my peace with Adele," he said.
Evans, 51, is an ex-alcoholic and knows he is to blame for their rift after he walked out on his wife Penny when Adele was three.
However, he is still attempting to repair their relationship.
"I`m hitting a brick wall. Trying to get hold of my daughter is like trying to call the US president. All my friends say, `What`s going on Mark?` I have to tell them I just don`t know. I`ve just been ostracised.
"I haven`t got Adele or Penny`s number. I sent birthday cards via her record label but never hear back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Kaabil' vs 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan's Wednesday face-off gets more intense!
- Global Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' continues victory run
- I initially felt intimidated by Shah Rukh Khan on 'Raees' set: Zeeshan Ayyub Khan
- 'Chennai Express' producer Karim Morani reacts to rape allegations
- Bobby Deol’s 50th birthday: Here's how brother Sunny Deol plans to celebrate