Adopt cats, dogs, urges Jay Sean
New Delhi: British-Indian rapper Jay Sean has urged people to adopt homeless dogs and cats, as part of his association with animal activist group People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
In the ad, Sean is seen standing next to rescued dog Stella with the caption - "Adopt - Don`t Buy".
The ad symbolises that animal shelters are overflowing with cats and dogs and countless more are barely surviving on the streets.
"Up until I had a dog, I didn`t realise the connection you actually have, that I have, with animals. And you realise that just because they`re animals, you can`t treat them any less than you would a human being," Sean said in a press statement.
"Parents might not know that they can go to a shelter to adopt one rather than going to a store to buy one. You know that they`ve had their vaccinations and have been neutered… so they go through all those checks before you even get them," he added.
Sean has joined Bollywood celebrities Imran Khan, Dino Morea, Gulshan Grover and Trisha Krishnan, who have appeared in ads to promote the adoption of homeless dogs for PETA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing