Ajay Devgn keen to set up solar power unit in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Bollywood star Ajay Devgn wants to establish a solar power unit in Chhattisgarh and he has held discussions in this regard with Chief Minister Raman Singh.
According to Chhattisgarh chief secretary Sunil Kumar, Ajay met Raman Singh Thursday during the state`s road show in Mumbai and expressed his desire to establish a solar power generation unit in the state.
The actor is looking into the prospects of setting up a unit to manufacture solar energy-related equipment.
Raman Singh has invited Ajay to attend the Chhattisgarh Rajyotsav. Being held Nov 1-7 at Naya Raipur, it marks the state`s 13th Foundation Day.
The state government is also organising a Global Investors Meet Nov 2-3.
The Chhattisgarh Commerce and Industries Department organised a road show in the financial capital of India Oct 10-11 to attract investment.
Among those who accompanied the chief minister on the occasion were state Commerce and Industry Minister Rajesh Munat, Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation Chairman Badridhar Diwan, State Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister N. Baijendra Kumar, Principal Secretary and Agriculture Production Commissioner M.K. Raut and Energy Secretary Aman Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- What makes some people binge drink while others stay sober! Read inside
- In a rush for office? Grab a quick, fun breakfast
- Chris Brown released from jail on USD 250,000 bail
- Do you love to buy handbags and worry about where to keep them? Watch video for help!
- Are blackheads giving you nightmares? Relax, and watch this video