Akshay Kumar to start self-defence classes for women
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is all set to launch a martial arts school to give self-defence training to women in suburban Mumbai by May this year.
Akshay has joined hands with Yuva Sena Chief Aditya Thackeray for the social initiative and by May, they will inaugurate a martial arts training institute for women in Mumbai.
"I am thankful to Aditya Thackeray for coming up with the idea and also lending his complete support. This initiative is very close to my heart," Akshay said here today.
The first one should be operational by the end of May at Andheri sports complex in suburban Mumbai. It`s a training school for self defence for women. It will be a three month long course and will be free of cost, he said.
Back in the 1980s, after Akshay got a black belt in Taekwondo in India, he travelled to Bangkok to further study the martial arts.
After learning Muay Thai combat sport in Thailand, he returned to Mumbai and became a martial arts trainer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'