Mumbai: Unlike the popular belief that inspires people to invest in gold, Akshaya Tritiya is actually a day to share or donate food with the poor and the needy and helping those who are less privileged than us.
It is not mandatory to buy gold today. A good deed like donating clothes or feeding the poor will serve the purpose and help you observe the symbolic day in the most sacred way.
Here’s taking a look at what one needs to do on this auspicious day:
- Perform a simple Puja and pray to Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi to bless you.
- You can also perform a Lakshmi Kubera Puja.
- Do Anna danam. Give away food to the poor and the needy. There’s nothing great than donating food.
- You can also help the ones who are in need – you can fund a child’s education or sponsor his books or buy him clothes or anything else that he is in need of.
- You can initiate a new beginning like a new business or a job.