Alia Bhatt walks the ramp for Manish Malhotra
New Delhi: Bollywood`s young star Alia Bhatt put up a confident front while walking a three-ramp set-up in a lehenga as heavy as over 20 kg, for ace designer Manish Malhotra`s show at the Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week. She said she was nervous as she`s usually clumsy.
"I get very nervous. I am not the best walker. I am a very clumsy human being, I fall (while) standing, so walking on the ramp wearing (an outfit of) almost 25 kg and high heels, looking good, posing and smiling while people are clapping...I think it`s nerve wrecking, but I think it`s the best two minutes," Alia told reporters here post the show.
With minimalist make-up, a roughly done-up hairdo and no jewellery, Alia carried the red bridal wear couture outfit, adorned by vintage gold embroidery, with aplomb Saturday night.
Adding more Bollywood flavour on the ramp was "Aashiqui 2" actor Aditya Roy Kapur, while off the stage and in the audience were names like Urmila Matondkar and Huma Qureshi.
Alia is fresh out of tasting success with her latest Hindi film "Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania", in which her character is hell-bent on getting a lehenga worn by Kareena Kapoor in a film. Here, she was happy that in real life, she was getting a chance to walk for Malhotra, who is one of Bollywood`s favourite designers and has been responsible to lend a makeover to many of Hindi cinema`s heroines.
"I think when you`re walking in a Manish Malhotra outfit, it`s a big day. It`s a special day. I was telling someone that I am very happy that my film has done well, but I`m happier to be walking for Manish. It`s a great achievement," Alia said.
She also recalled a time when she was in the audience for a Manish Malhotra show.
"I was here two years back and Katrina (Kaif) was walking the ramp. I was sitting in the audience with Karan (Johar) and was thinking, `How do people walk?`
"I remember Katrina was sitting and her outfit looked heavy. I had no idea then how heavy it was but when you walk yourself, you realise how heavy it is. But it`s beautiful, I loved it," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Let your hair shine in summer
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Look cool in denim during summer
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in