Allow betting in cricket: Vindu Dara Singh
Mumbai: Actor Vindu Dara Singh, arrested for betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and now on bail, says betting in the game should be made legal.
"Cricket is like a religion in India. IPL will be conducted and betting will take place as well," said Vindu Monday on the sets of his film "Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya" here.
Vindu, who got bail June 4, feels the government should legalise betting in the gentleman`s sport.
"I think the government should interfere and legalise betting," he said. At the same time, he has vowed not to "watch cricket in my entire life". "So whether IPL 7 will be organised or not, it doesn`t matter to me."
Last seen in Ajay Devgn-starrer ‘Son of Sardaar’, Vindu asserts he is innocent.
"I can guarantee I have not done anything wrong, and that is why I am here and I have started my work. When people will re-build their trust on me, then I will surely get more work. If they won`t, then I would get less work but life will go on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles