Amanda Seyfried afraid of being typecast
London: Amanda Seyfried says she is anxious about getting typecast as an actress who specialises in romantic-comedies.
The 28-year-old actress has starred in several romantic movies and comedies including `Mamma Mia!`, `Dear John` and `Letters to Juliet`, among others, reportedly.
"If you make two romantic comedies, you`re presumed to do just that," Seyfried said. The `Mean Girls` star took on the role of real life adult movie actress Linda Lovelace in the biopic `Lovelace` last year and she said she took the role very seriously as she wanted to give meaning to the story.
"I wasn`t necessarily afraid of what the public would think of me. I wanted to validate her (Linda) existence and give the most positive version of her that I could," she said.
"I mean, maybe I am tainted by it. But I feel like all that movie did for me was solidify my seriousness," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan