Amanda Seyfried afraid of being typecast
London: Amanda Seyfried says she is anxious about getting typecast as an actress who specialises in romantic-comedies.
The 28-year-old actress has starred in several romantic movies and comedies including `Mamma Mia!`, `Dear John` and `Letters to Juliet`, among others, reportedly.
"If you make two romantic comedies, you`re presumed to do just that," Seyfried said. The `Mean Girls` star took on the role of real life adult movie actress Linda Lovelace in the biopic `Lovelace` last year and she said she took the role very seriously as she wanted to give meaning to the story.
"I wasn`t necessarily afraid of what the public would think of me. I wanted to validate her (Linda) existence and give the most positive version of her that I could," she said.
"I mean, maybe I am tainted by it. But I feel like all that movie did for me was solidify my seriousness," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai