Amjad Ali Khan joins `Do Right` campaign for a cause
New Delhi: Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the Do Right campaign, which emphasises the importance of inculcating right values in children, and will soon feature in its television commercial.
An initiative of Tata Capital Limited, the financial services arm of the Tata Group, Do Right campaign spreads awareness about teaching right ethics and morals to young minds especially between the ages of 8 to 12 years.
Appreciating the efforts, Khan said: "I am associating myself with a good cause. It`s a very laudable thing that Tata Capital has done."
The campaign features the Tata Capital signature song "Karein wahi jo ho sahi", composed and performed by composer trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.
"It has a beautiful message written by Gulzar and great music by talented musicians. So many artists are involved and I hope we could convey the message to the world and how important young children are for the world," Khan said.
The commercial will come online June 16 and it will hit television screens by the end of this month. The musician hopes that the campaign spreads the message and people instill the right values in children.
The 67-year-old, who is father of Ayaan Ali Khan and Amaan Ali Khan, feels not just the celebrities, but all professionals can make a difference to the mindset of masses.
“People pick and choose whose message they would like to follow and whose they would not. But all the sections of the society and professionals should do something collectively for the good. I am sure it will be very effective and appealing,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form