Amy Poehler sends love to Boston in online video
Los Angeles: TV star Amy Poehler has voiced her love for her native place Boston in an emotional online video following the horrific bombings at the marathon last week.
The `Parks and Recreation` star, who attended Boston College, reflected on the tragedy in a segment for her usually-humorous Youtube series Ask Amy, explaining that she has been struggling to process all of the bloody images and news updates detailing the blasts and the subsequent hunt for suspects, reported E! online.
Poehler said, "It has been tough, hasn`t it? Doesn`t it feel like we`re just bombarded with stuff now? Everywhere we go there`s just some picture that`s worse than the one before. I wonder if we could soften our hearts and minds and our eyes. I wonder if we could give our eyes a break.
"Maybe try to see things in a different way, try to see things by reading about them or talking about them or listening (instead of watching the TV news updates). I don`t know. I kind of feel like my eyes need a break, don`t you?... This has been a weird week, hasn`t it?"
Poehler later signed off the video by stating, "I love you Boston. See you soon."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!