Amy Winehouse `tried to take own life at age 10`
London: Amy Winehouse tried to kill herself when she was just ten years old after her dad Mitch left her mum Janis for another woman less than a year earlier, a new book claims.
The tragic singer`s strained relationship with her father has been laid bare for the first time in an explosive new book.
The revelation comes just a week after it was reported that the late singer`s estate was worth less than 180,000 pounds after her family used her estimated 10 million pounds wealth to pay off their debts.
Now the book claims that the tormented star - who battled drink and drug addiction before her death in 2011 - was so devastated over her parents` divorce that she later smoked dope, self-harmed and took an overdose of pills, the Sun reported.
She was found foaming at the mouth by a pal who made sure she recovered.
It has always been thought that Amy`s drug problem began when she met her future husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, and got hooked on heroin.
But one friend said that she went through a lot of pain at her parents` separation.
"She might have put on a front like she didn`t care but to her, seeing her father leave her for another woman was the ultimate abandonment," the friend said.
By ten, the friend said that she`d had her first spliff and, in some people`s eyes, she was already on a road to ruin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor's LATEST PIC will surely leave you gasping for air!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘partner in crime’ Twinkle Khanna posts HILARIOUS video to celebrate 16 years of marriage – WATCH
- Will Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron come to India for 'Baywatch'? Priyanka Chopra says THIS
- Saif Ali Khan speaks about son Taimur Ali Khan’s name
- Akshay Kumar feels good after following Ayurveda!