Amy Winehouse’s beau `devastated on being arrested for rape`
London: Amy Winehouse’s former boyfriend Reg Traviss has been arrested on suspicion of rape. The 35-year-old attended a police station by arrangement and was questioned about an allegation made to police on January 18.
Friends of the film director are said to be devastated by the claim, which one insisted had come out of the blue.
“He does know the woman who made the report to police and he completely denies the allegation,” a leading daily has quoted a friend as saying.
“He wants to do everything in his power to fight this,” the friend said.
Traviss was left heartbroken after Winehouse died last July and told how he had planned to marry the 27-year-old singer. He said he had gone through hell following his girlfriend’s death.
“A 35-year-old man was arrested by appointment on April 5 by officers from Westminster Sapphire unit in relation to an allegation of rape reported to police on January 18,” a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.
“He is bailed to return to a Central London police station in early July,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vivek Oberoi's Diwali gift to his father Suresh Oberoi
- Anushka Sharma praises Karan Johar, says he makes 'you look your best'
- Audiences should reject misogyny in movies, says Rahul Bose
- Bring forward your new avatar this Diwali
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: Farhan Akhtar calls MNS' Rs 5 crore demand a 'terrible precedent'