Mumbai: People in Mumbai had been anxiously waiting for the rains to come. With just pre-monsoon showers last week, Mumbaikars wondered if they would get to experience monsoon bliss any time soon! But the rain God seems to have answered people’s prayers!
Monsoons in Mumbai do make commuting a nightmare but rains are the only solution to water scarcity in India's financial capital.
With showers pouring crazily since Monday late evening, Mumbaiites can expect more and more rains in the next two months.
If you have heard of Mumbai’s monsoons and wish to visit the city to get familiar with the rains, then here are a few things you MUST DO:
- Mumbai doesn’t experience cold winters. This is the only time in the year when the temperature drops substantially to make you feel delightful. So enjoy this weather by slipping into your best comfortable clothes to make the most of it.
- Gorge on some delicious vada pav, misal pav, kanda bhajiya and Kutchi Dabeli. A cutting-chai ki pyaali will add zing to your monsoon tadka.
- Simply observe the rains and its effect on Mumbai’s daily routine. You will find an ocean of humanity stranded on platforms, local trains halted in between stations and people running helter-skelter. When regular life gets affected due to rains, it does annoy the public at large, but none can control nature. It feels great to see people braving torrential rains to reach their workplace. That’s the spirit!
- Visit Mumbai’s iconic spots – The Gateway of India or the Bandra Worli Sea Link to admire the beauty of man’s creations against that of nature’s. (Caution- Do not get close to the sea. It could prove fatal during heavy rains).
- Plan a trip via road to Lonavla/Khandala, Mahabaleshwar or Matheran. The scenic beauty along the hills and random waterfalls will leave you enchanted.