Andrew Garfield wants gay Spider-Man
London: Actor Andrew Garfield has revealed that he would like Peter Parker to be revealed as bisexual in the next Spider-Man movie.
The British actor, who will reprise the lead role in the upcoming `Amazing Spider-Man 2` next year, said that the superheroes` love interest Mary Jane could be re-imagined as a male character named AJ, reported Digital Spy.
"I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ. And I was like, `What if MJ is a dude?` Why can`t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It`s hardly even groundbreaking! So why can`t he be gay? Why can`t he be into boys?," Garfield said.
When asked which actor could play AJ, he said, "I`ve been obsessed with Michael B Jordan since `The Wire`. He`s so charismatic and talented. It`d be even better - we`d have interracial bisexuality."
`The Amazing Spider-Man 2` will arrive on May 2, 2014. It will be followed by two more sequels on June 10, 2016, and May 4, 2018.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!