Andy Warhol`s Marilyn Monroe work fetches USD 41 million
New York: Two works by iconic pop artist Andy Warhol including a painting of screen icon Marilyn Monroe have, fetched USD 100 million.
White Marilyn, a painting of Marilyn Monroe completed shortly before her death in 1962, raised USD 41 million at Christie`s auction house in New York City, while 1964`s Race Riot sold for USD 62.9 million.
The pieces were part of a record-breaking auction when a selection of contemporary art brought in a massive USD 744 million, the highest ever total for a single sale.
Brett Gorvy, Christie`s head of post-war art, said, "Well we`ve actually made history tonight. It was a momentous evening."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy