Angelina Jolie says being survivor of sexual violence isn`t shameful
London: Angelina Jolie opened up about ending sexual violence during the London summit saying that "there is no disgrace in being a survivor of sexual violence".
The 39-year-old actress, who`s also a UN special envoy, was co-hosting the summit along with British foreign secretary William Hague , and reportedly described rape as one of the "great mass crimes" of modern times.
Jolie dedicated the day to one of the rape victims she had recently interviewed in Bosnia, who felt humiliated and abandoned at seeing her culprit roaming free.
Meanwhile, Hague asked the more than 140 nations present at the summit to include action against sexual violence into their army training.
Hague and Jolie had launched the campaign, a Declaration of Commitment to End Sexual Violence in Conflict two years ago, which has been endorsed by 141 countries till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- In pics: Meet the real-life 'Babita Ji' Munmun Dutta from 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'!