Angelina Jolie visits refugee camp in Jordan
London: Actress Angelina Jolie made a humanitarian trip to Jordan recently, and appealed to officials "to do all they can" to assist civilians fleeing Syria.
The 37-year-old, a United Nations goodwill ambassador, flew to the Middle East for the second time in three months to draw attention to the plight of those who have escaped Syria amid ongoing fights between rebels and government forces, reports contactmusic.com.
During her visit, Jolie attended a brief meeting with border officers in neighbouring Jordan, and applauded the country`s officials for welcoming refugees, reports contactmusic.com.
"The incredible compassion shown to these traumatised refugee families by the Jordanian border guards was extremely moving. Jordan has welcomed the refugees even though it has placed a huge burden on the country," said Jolie.
"The international community needs to show more solidarity and to support Jordan and the other countries in the region who continue to keep their borders open," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala