Anjelica Huston named PETA`s person of the year
Los Angeles: `Addam`s Family` star Angelica Huston has been honoured by animal rights group PETA as 2012 Person of the Year for her work in support of the great apes.
"Anjelica Huston is a true friend to all animals and the perfect choice for PETA`s Person of the Year 2012. She has spoken out for great apes that are violently forced to perform on screen and for animals who are abused in the cruel horse-drawn carriage and fur industries.
"And this past year, a PETA video that she narrated helped convince all top 10 US ad agencies to ban great apes from their ads," said PETA spokesperson Wendy Wegner.
PETA has also named Los Angeles as 2012`s City of the Year, reported E! Online.
The animal rights group praised the City Council for banning the sale of animals from breeders and puppy mills in pet stores, endorsing the Meatless Mondays campaign and its upcoming vote on a measure that, if passed, would ban circuses from the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees' NEW POSTER will blow your mind!
- Katrina Kaif: Society fails to recognise marital rape as a crime; women must speak up!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!