Anjelica Huston named PETA`s person of the year
Los Angeles: `Addam`s Family` star Angelica Huston has been honoured by animal rights group PETA as 2012 Person of the Year for her work in support of the great apes.
"Anjelica Huston is a true friend to all animals and the perfect choice for PETA`s Person of the Year 2012. She has spoken out for great apes that are violently forced to perform on screen and for animals who are abused in the cruel horse-drawn carriage and fur industries.
"And this past year, a PETA video that she narrated helped convince all top 10 US ad agencies to ban great apes from their ads," said PETA spokesperson Wendy Wegner.
PETA has also named Los Angeles as 2012`s City of the Year, reported E! Online.
The animal rights group praised the City Council for banning the sale of animals from breeders and puppy mills in pet stores, endorsing the Meatless Mondays campaign and its upcoming vote on a measure that, if passed, would ban circuses from the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated