Anne Hathaway donates personal items to fund Sandy clean-up
London: Hollywood stars Anne Hathaway, Julianne Moore and Kate Moss have donated personal possessions for an auction raising funds for those affected by superstorm Sandy.
The deadly weather system swept across the East Coast of America last October, causing extensive damage to homes and businesses, reported Contactmusic.
A clean-up effort was quickly launched, with celebrities throwing fundraisers and charity events to provide those in need with food and shelter.
Hathaway, 30, has donated a signed Miu Miu dress, Moore gave an autographed prop from her Carrie remake, and Moss has handed over a signed copy of her recent memoirs.
Other celebrities to donate one-of-a-kind items to the sales include Kanye West, Kelly Osbourne, Selena Gomez, Dita Von Teese, Chloe Sevigny, Michael Stipe, Tilda Swinton and Emma Roberts.
The items begin to go under the hammer online over the weekend and proceeds from the sales go to New York Cares, which provides volunteers to help storm victims rebuild their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!