Anne Hathaway donates personal items to fund Sandy clean-up
London: Hollywood stars Anne Hathaway, Julianne Moore and Kate Moss have donated personal possessions for an auction raising funds for those affected by superstorm Sandy.
The deadly weather system swept across the East Coast of America last October, causing extensive damage to homes and businesses, reported Contactmusic.
A clean-up effort was quickly launched, with celebrities throwing fundraisers and charity events to provide those in need with food and shelter.
Hathaway, 30, has donated a signed Miu Miu dress, Moore gave an autographed prop from her Carrie remake, and Moss has handed over a signed copy of her recent memoirs.
Other celebrities to donate one-of-a-kind items to the sales include Kanye West, Kelly Osbourne, Selena Gomez, Dita Von Teese, Chloe Sevigny, Michael Stipe, Tilda Swinton and Emma Roberts.
The items begin to go under the hammer online over the weekend and proceeds from the sales go to New York Cares, which provides volunteers to help storm victims rebuild their lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik dating?