Apology sought from Ajaz, Salman over Modi remark
Mumbai: A BJP leader has sought a written apology from actor Ajaz Khan for calling its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi a "thief" -- and also from Salman Khan.
After registering a complaint against Ajaz at the Samta Nagar police station, party leader Sandeep Upadhyay now expects a written apology from the former "Bigg Boss-Saath 7" contestant.
Upadhyay, president of the BJP youth wing in North Mumbai who filed the complaint against Ajaz, said the apology must come within a week or "serious action" would follow.
"We want Ajaz and Salman Khan to give a written apology within a week or else serious action will be taken. We have also sent a letter to Colors Channel," Upadhyay told IANS.
Ajaz reportedly called Modi a `chor` (thief) during the show hosted by Salman Khan.
The remark was not aired on Colors channel. But the video managed to land on YouTube. Later, it went viral on other social networking sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rani Mukerji Chopra shares first pic of daughter Adira, writes heartfelt message on her birthday
- 'Mr Perfectionist' title doesn’t interest Aamir Khan any more! Here's what he would like to be called
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!