Ardor Restaurant & Lounge review: Central Delhi’s new party and dining spot!
The heart of New Delhi – Connaught Place – is usually bustling with enthusiastic shoppers, college-goers, a few lovebirds on the lookout for a cool hangout joint and of course, some serious food and fun connoisseurs. Given the fact that CP is one of the major restaurant hubs in the capital, it is often a task to zero in on a good place to eat and chill out with some good music thrown in.
Luckily, we were referred ‘Ardor Restaurant & Lounge’ by a close acquaintance and we did drop in at the place to have a good time eating out during the weekend. ‘Ardor’ is a young standalone fine dining restaurant (at level 1) cum lounge and bar (at level 2). With quintessential Victorian interiors, ‘Ardor’ emits old world charm; thereby matching well with the English built CP. We were politely welcomed by the staff inside and we chose a corner window side table to enjoy our meal.
Of the starters’ menu, we picked Banjara Seekh Kebab (veg), Mutton Seekh Kebab and Virgin Mojito to begin with. The waiter was quick in taking orders and in no time our starters were put on our table. We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious, succulent and melt-in-mouth Banjara Seekh Kebabs and the Virgin Mojito proved to be a good accompaniment with the grub. However, the Mutton Seekh Kebab could have tasted better.
Thereafter, we ordered the main course – Penne Arrabiata and Chef’s Special Greek Pot Roasted Lamb with Orange Red wine sauce and Lebanese rice. There goes a saying that the food is first devoured by the eyes and then by the mouth. At ‘Ardor’, the Chefs completely swear by this old adage. The Greek Pot Roasted Lamb comprised a curry made with sliced mutton, Orange Red wine sauce and was mildly spiced. The Lebanese rise had a lovely aroma wafting out of it, thanks to the special herbs that went into the cooking process. On the plate were small pots (perhaps, of baked potato) stuffed with sweet corn. Overall, the dish fared very well except for the corn pots, which could have been excluded. The pasta recipe, on the other hand, was very likeable for its presentation and the fact that it was cooked with freshly made red sauce with appropriate herbs and spices lending the right flavour to the dish. The portion of both the dishes we had was enough for a single diner.
To end our culinary sojourn on a sweet note, we asked the waiting staff to serve us matka kulfi but it turned out to be only a passable dessert.
‘Ardor’ is a great place for everyone. If your idea is to dine amidst quiet surroundings, check-out the restaurant area. Else go to the lounge area for a good dose of fun with great music, drinks and grub thrown in.
A three-course meal for two: Rs 2,500 approx. (including taxes)
Pros of Ardor Restaurant & Lounge:
They have a lounge at Level 2 with a comfortable seating area at the terrace (a rarity at most places in the business) and a vast seating area inside the premises.
The restaurant and the lounge are equipped with LCD TV screens for IPL lovers.
Private seating areas are available on request.
A must try recipe from the menu is the Chicken made in Jack Daniel’s whiskey. During a small conversation with the restaurant manager – Mr. Sundar Magar - we were told that their Daal Ardor is better than the one served at Bukhara, Taj Hotel.
Ardor is a hit among foreign tourists and the fact that it is packed during lunchtime speaks volumes about its goodwill.
The staff is always on their toes and cater to you with a nice smile.
The place has a full-view of the live kitchen.
Suggestions for further improvement:
They can think about introducing more Indian dishes and desserts especially of the Indian variety.
N 55 to 56 & 88 to 89, Outer Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi
Nearest metro station - Rajiv Chowk Metro Station (0.3 km), Barakhambha Road Metro Station (0.4 km)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Shah Rukh Khan wasted an opportunity given by ‘Raees’ team
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE