Asha Parekh`s hand imprint tile to be unveiled on Dec 6
Mumbai: Veteran actress Asha Parekh`s hand impression will be unveiled after two days to symbolise her contribution to the film industry.
The launch will be held at a function being organised by UTV Stars under `Walk of the Stars` at a suburban hotel here on December 6, sources said today.
In order to honour the immense contribution of the 71-year-old actress, UTV Stars will unveil a tile bearing her hand print which will later be installed at `Walk of the Stars` promenade in Bandra.
The actress started her career as a child artiste under screen name Baby Asha Parekh in the film `Aasmaan` in 1952.
Thereafter, noted filmmaker Bimal Roy saw her dance at a stage function and cast her at the tender age of twelve in `Baap Beti` in 1954.
Parekh`s first lead role was in `Dil Deke Dekho` (1959) with Shammi Kapoor, after which never she looked back.
She has delivered memorable performances in films like `Teesri Manzil`, `Caravan`, `Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki`, `Kati Patang` among others.
The actress has worked with biggies like Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor, Jitendra, Manoj Kumar and Dharmendra.
Actors Jeetendra, Helen and few others are likely to attend the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman
- 'Captain America: Civil War' movie review
- Interesting! Which Greek goddess were you in past life?
- How ambitious are you? Your heel size will reveal
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is