Ashley Judd won`t run for US senate
Los Angeles: Actress Ashley Judd say she wants to focus on her family and has decided not to run for a seat in the US Senate.
The 44-year-old `Dolphin Tale` actress, who announced the end of her 11-year marriage to Scottish racing driver Dario Franchitti in January, took to Twitter to announce that she has decided not to run for the US Senate seat in Kentucky.
"Dear Friends. Thank you for these months of remarkable support & encouragement, for your voices, exhortations & prayers... Regretfully, I am currently unable to consider a campaign for the Senate," Judd posted on Twitter.
"I have spoken to many Kentuckians over these last few months who expressed their desire for a fighter for the people & new leader. While that won`t be me at this time, I will continue to work as hard as I can to ensure the needs of Kentucky families are met by returning this Senate seat to whom it rightfully belongs: the people & their needs, dreams, and great potential.
"After serious and thorough contemplation, I realise that my responsibilities & energy at this time need to be focused on my family," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- Oops! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's 'Padmavati' DELAYED?
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage