Ashton Kutcher slams social media for spreading gossip
London: Actor Ashton Kutcher says that the rise of the internet and social media has intensified the spread of gossip in today`s world.
Kutcher, 33, who has been a regular in the headlines over the last few weeks amid reports his marriage to Demi Moore, has discussed the value of "honesty" and "truth" in a new online video to address recent rumours about his marriage, Daily Express reported.
"I just wanted to open up a little dialogue on the state of honesty. The state of truth. The status of truth as it pertains to literature and media... Publishers (once) held great scrutiny over what they were willing to print because their reputation was on the line.
"When the cost structure comes down on printing... the level of honesty of literature starts to plummet... I started thinking about that in relation to media and social media today where the threshold to actually have literature printed and distributed... is zero dollars... thereby there is no gatekeeper of the truth...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy