Ashton Kutcher slams social media for spreading gossip
London: Actor Ashton Kutcher says that the rise of the internet and social media has intensified the spread of gossip in today`s world.
Kutcher, 33, who has been a regular in the headlines over the last few weeks amid reports his marriage to Demi Moore, has discussed the value of "honesty" and "truth" in a new online video to address recent rumours about his marriage, Daily Express reported.
"I just wanted to open up a little dialogue on the state of honesty. The state of truth. The status of truth as it pertains to literature and media... Publishers (once) held great scrutiny over what they were willing to print because their reputation was on the line.
"When the cost structure comes down on printing... the level of honesty of literature starts to plummet... I started thinking about that in relation to media and social media today where the threshold to actually have literature printed and distributed... is zero dollars... thereby there is no gatekeeper of the truth...," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged