Audra Mcdonald creates history with her sixth Tony Award
Washington: Audra Mcdonald became the most decorated actress at the Tony Awards as she won her sixth accolade.
According to reports, the 43-year-old Broadway star won Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play, for playing American jazz legend Billie Holiday in `Lady Day at Emerson`s Bar and Grill`, beating five-time winners Angela Lansbury and the late Julie Harris for the most wins by a Broadway star.
The award also gave the star her first Tony Awards grand slam as she had earlier claimed wins as a best featured actress for the plays `A Raisin in the Sun` and `Master Class`, a best lead actress for the musical `The Gershwins` Porgy, and Bess` and a best featured actress for musical `Ragtime and Carousel`.
Meanwhile, `A Raisin in the Sun` claimed awards for Best Revival of a Play, Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play and Best Direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!