Audra Mcdonald creates history with her sixth Tony Award
Washington: Audra Mcdonald became the most decorated actress at the Tony Awards as she won her sixth accolade.
According to reports, the 43-year-old Broadway star won Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play, for playing American jazz legend Billie Holiday in `Lady Day at Emerson`s Bar and Grill`, beating five-time winners Angela Lansbury and the late Julie Harris for the most wins by a Broadway star.
The award also gave the star her first Tony Awards grand slam as she had earlier claimed wins as a best featured actress for the plays `A Raisin in the Sun` and `Master Class`, a best lead actress for the musical `The Gershwins` Porgy, and Bess` and a best featured actress for musical `Ragtime and Carousel`.
Meanwhile, `A Raisin in the Sun` claimed awards for Best Revival of a Play, Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play and Best Direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows