Audra Mcdonald creates history with her sixth Tony Award
Washington: Audra Mcdonald became the most decorated actress at the Tony Awards as she won her sixth accolade.
According to reports, the 43-year-old Broadway star won Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play, for playing American jazz legend Billie Holiday in `Lady Day at Emerson`s Bar and Grill`, beating five-time winners Angela Lansbury and the late Julie Harris for the most wins by a Broadway star.
The award also gave the star her first Tony Awards grand slam as she had earlier claimed wins as a best featured actress for the plays `A Raisin in the Sun` and `Master Class`, a best lead actress for the musical `The Gershwins` Porgy, and Bess` and a best featured actress for musical `Ragtime and Carousel`.
Meanwhile, `A Raisin in the Sun` claimed awards for Best Revival of a Play, Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play and Best Direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I could not relate to the role offered in 'Baadshaho': Diljit Dosanjh
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles