Audra Mcdonald creates history with her sixth Tony Award
Washington: Audra Mcdonald became the most decorated actress at the Tony Awards as she won her sixth accolade.
According to reports, the 43-year-old Broadway star won Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play, for playing American jazz legend Billie Holiday in `Lady Day at Emerson`s Bar and Grill`, beating five-time winners Angela Lansbury and the late Julie Harris for the most wins by a Broadway star.
The award also gave the star her first Tony Awards grand slam as she had earlier claimed wins as a best featured actress for the plays `A Raisin in the Sun` and `Master Class`, a best lead actress for the musical `The Gershwins` Porgy, and Bess` and a best featured actress for musical `Ragtime and Carousel`.
Meanwhile, `A Raisin in the Sun` claimed awards for Best Revival of a Play, Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play and Best Direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India