Australian duo prank call their way to Kate’s private nurse
New Delhi: A couple of intrepid radio presenters fooled the medical staff at King Edward VII Hospital to gain private information about the Duchess of Cambridge’s wellbeing through a phone conversation.
As reported in the Daily Mail, the Australian 2Day FM presenters impersonated the Queen and Prince Charles to get through to Kate’s private nurse.
Mel Greig and Michael Christian, the prankster duo, were told that the Duchess is “sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night. She`s been given some fluids. She`s stable at the moment.”
John Lofthouse, chief executive of the hospital that has been treating the Duchess for an acute case of morning sickness told MailOnline: “This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols.”
Kate, who is pregnant with her first child, has been on a drip in hospital after being admitted to King Edward VII Hospital on Monday with a potentially dangerous form of morning sickness. But her condition has been improving and she’s expected to make a full recovery, according to reports from St James’ Palace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheers! Your evening drink may work as anti-depressant
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!