Autograph days are over: Taylor Swift
Los Angeles: Country star Taylor Swift feels autograph days are over and Instagram is the latest currency. The 24-year-old singer says fans no longer get in line to get autographs from artistes they idolise, reportedly.
"I haven`t been asked for an autograph since the invention of the iPhone with a front-facing camera. The only memento `kids these day` want is a selfie. The new currency is how many followers you have on Instagram," she said.
She also mentioned the power of fan followers on social media by referring to one of her artist friends` story. "A friend of mine, who is an actress, told me that when the casting for her recent movie came down to two actresses, the casting director chose the actress with more Twitter followers," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is
- Are Indians shifting their focus from gyming to dancing – Click here to read more
- Interesting! Here’s how India women feel about representation of woman in movies