Avoid using mobile while driving: Sarah Harding
Los Angeles: British pop star Sarah Harding has urged fans to learn from her mistakes and avoid using cell phones while driving.
She was banned from driving for six months after she was caught for using her mobile phone while driving earlier this month. She also did not stop the car when the police tried to bring her to a halt.
The 31-year-old has now spoken out about her driving conviction and has warned others against the same mistake, reports contactmusic.com.
"Too many people use their mobile phone whilst driving and think it`s acceptable. It is not. Every year people die or are seriously injured because they were distracted making that `oh so important call`. Mobile phones are a convenient tool for modern life but they must be used safely," said Harding.
"I made a mistake by using my phone whilst driving, but I was lucky. I accept the court`s penalty but it could have been a lot worse. I have learned my lesson," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ