Barbara Walters says Queen has `sour face`
New York: American broadcast journalist Barbara Walters has said that the Queen has a “sour face” and dresses like she’s in the 19th century.
While “The View” host admitted the Queen’s high-flying sketch with Daniel Craig as James Bond was “funny,” she added that her highness “does not know how to smile” and could use a “pinch on the tushie” from Prince Philip.
“Let me tell you my thing with the Queen. I did agree that the whole thing with Daniel Craig was funny… [but] this is a woman who does not know how to smile,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying on the show.
“Now, would it have killed this woman, this queen, to go…” followed by a fake smirk. “It’s such a sour face.”
Walters further said that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, “on the other hand, is cute… but, you know, he could have given [the Queen] a little pinch on the tushie.”
Walters also questioned the Queen’s style.
“She is 86, but she dresses like something out of the 19th century,” Walters said.
“The pink dress with the pink plume, but then the black gloves and the black bag -- what does the Queen keep in that bag anyway? She never changes,” she said.
But despite all the ribbing Walters told the publication that her Majesty was a great example to everyone and praised her.
“in spite of everything, the Queen is a great example to everyone,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!