Batman comics auction expected to fetch $500,000
Washington: `Batman 1`, which features the first-ever appearances of the legendary characters - Joker and Catwoman, will go under the hammer at Heritage Auctions` Comic and Comic Art auction in August.
At present, the aforementioned comic is the sixth most-valuable comic book of all time and includes cover art by iconic illustrators Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson, Huffington Post reported.
The book, which has a 9.2 grade cover, was previously auctioned two years ago for almost 450,000 dollars.
The auction will also contain Frank Miller`s black-and-white cover art for `The Dark Knight Returns 2,` combining the now iconic storyline with Miller`s signature grit.
The drastically gruesome depiction of Batman`s face is set to sell for more than 500,000 dollars.
The auction will be held between August 1 and August 3 in Dallas, Texas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult