Beck, Til Schweiger in legal battle over Malibu mansion
Los Angeles: Musician Beck and actor Til Schweiger are embroiled in a legal battle over the state of a rented property.
Beck paid USD 11,000-a-month to live in a Malibu, California mansion owned by the `Inglourious Basterds` star between 2010 and February 2013, but Schweiger claims the musician has caused thousands of dollars of damage to the home, reported TMZ online.
Both men agree the mansion is in poor condition, but each holds the other responsible and have launched lawsuits.
The `Loser` hitmaker claims there were multiple issues with the house when he moved in, including mould, problems with the plumbing, and electrical issues which in turn damaged several appliances in the home.
Schweiger alleges Beck had unauthorised work carried out to the property while he was renting it that caused "substantial physical damage" costing USD 40,571 to repair.
Beck is now reportedly suing the German for refusing to return his USD 11,000 deposit, while Schweiger is countersuing for the cost of repairs and unpaid rent totalling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!