Beck, Til Schweiger in legal battle over Malibu mansion
Los Angeles: Musician Beck and actor Til Schweiger are embroiled in a legal battle over the state of a rented property.
Beck paid USD 11,000-a-month to live in a Malibu, California mansion owned by the `Inglourious Basterds` star between 2010 and February 2013, but Schweiger claims the musician has caused thousands of dollars of damage to the home, reported TMZ online.
Both men agree the mansion is in poor condition, but each holds the other responsible and have launched lawsuits.
The `Loser` hitmaker claims there were multiple issues with the house when he moved in, including mould, problems with the plumbing, and electrical issues which in turn damaged several appliances in the home.
Schweiger alleges Beck had unauthorised work carried out to the property while he was renting it that caused "substantial physical damage" costing USD 40,571 to repair.
Beck is now reportedly suing the German for refusing to return his USD 11,000 deposit, while Schweiger is countersuing for the cost of repairs and unpaid rent totalling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys