Beck, Til Schweiger in legal battle over Malibu mansion
Los Angeles: Musician Beck and actor Til Schweiger are embroiled in a legal battle over the state of a rented property.
Beck paid USD 11,000-a-month to live in a Malibu, California mansion owned by the `Inglourious Basterds` star between 2010 and February 2013, but Schweiger claims the musician has caused thousands of dollars of damage to the home, reported TMZ online.
Both men agree the mansion is in poor condition, but each holds the other responsible and have launched lawsuits.
The `Loser` hitmaker claims there were multiple issues with the house when he moved in, including mould, problems with the plumbing, and electrical issues which in turn damaged several appliances in the home.
Schweiger alleges Beck had unauthorised work carried out to the property while he was renting it that caused "substantial physical damage" costing USD 40,571 to repair.
Beck is now reportedly suing the German for refusing to return his USD 11,000 deposit, while Schweiger is countersuing for the cost of repairs and unpaid rent totalling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you