Beckhams to sell Beckingham palace for USD 15 million
Los Angeles: Soccer ace David Beckham and wife Victoria have reportedly decided to put their luxurious mansion known as the Beckingham Palace up for sale.
The couple reportedly wanted to sell it for USD 15 million to private buyers, because they were concerned that developers would split the house into smaller apartment units and take advantage of their name, reported Ace Showbiz.
"They know there aren`t lots of individuals looking for houses of this size, and developers would jump at the chance to turn it into smaller flats, which would have added value because of the Beckham connection.
"But both David and Victoria spent years improving Rowneybury and they`re prepared to wait for the right buyer who will continue their work, rather than someone looking to cash in on their name," a source said.
The mansion is located in Hertfordshire. Since the couple bought it in 1999 for USD 4 million, they have added more facilities including a recording studio, helipad and indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'