Becoming a morning person for good
New York: Waking up early not only allows more time for productivity and leisure, it also makes one's days less stressful. Go to sleep when you are tired, create the right night routine and environment so that it makes it easier to wake up on time every morning.
Presley`s white costume, which is decorated with a large green and blue peacock across the front, is part of a music memorabilia sale titled `A Rock & Roll History: Presley to Punk`, hosted by Sotheby`s New York, reportedly.
On the auction house`s website, the jumpsuit is described as having "minor staining and browning; non-working zipper" and is expected to fetch at least $200,000.
Presley`s red button-down shirt worn during the 1964 film Kissin` Cousins and a white wool jacket worn in concert in the early 1950s will also go under the hammer Tuesday.
In addition to Presley`s former possessions, the sale also includes a red military-style jacket worn by Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan`s handwritten lyrics to Like a Rolling Stone, Kurt Cobain`s smashed Univox guitar and John Lennon`s upright piano.
A leading website shares how to become a morning person:
* Get more sleep: Just like we need to make time for working out, we need to schedule seven to nine hours of sleep into our day because it is one of the most essential parts of our health. What we get from a good night's rest, cannot be supplemented elsewhere.
* No screens in the bedroom: Make it a point to turn off the television at a certain time. Similarly, don't use your laptop or tablet in bed. Restrict your contact with screens at least an hour before bed.
* Go to sleep when you are tired: When we have had an especially exhausting day, we tend to ignore our brains when they are telling us we are drained and tired hours before we normally are. Don't ignore what your body is telling you. Just like waiting too long to go to bed after taking a sleeping pill, powering through your tiredness instead of going right to bed can have adverse effects.
* Create the right night-time routine and environment: Be it print books or tea with chamomile or lavender, make sure to choose something that will be a calming experience and one you can repeat every night. Over time, your body will get used to this ritual and know when it is time to shut down and go to sleep. The environment you go to sleep in is also important. If it is clean and uncluttered, it will be easier for your mind to be as well. Again, your room should be a tranquil space used almost solely for relaxing and sleeping.
* Always have something to look forward to: Schedule your week so that you have something to look forward to, even if that something is calling a friend to catch up, or trying out a new place for lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing