Ben Affleck calls daughter’s hand scribble `lucky charm`
London: Ben Affleck, who unexpectedly missed out on an Oscar nomination for Best Director on Thursday, has found a lucky charm in his daughter’s hand scribble.
The 40-year-old director stunned Hollywood insiders, critics, peers and fans after he failed to make it to the nomination in the category for his movie ‘Argo’.
A few hours later, the ‘Good Will Hunting’ star was again left shocked when he was named Best Director at the Critics’ Choice Awards in Santa Monica, California and he credited his daughters hand scribble as his lucky charm, the Daily Express reported.
Affleck believed he has found a good luck charm courtesy of his daughter, who scribbled ‘Ben’ on the back of her dad’s hand as he left home to attend the awards show.
The movie star made reference to the scrawl in his Best Director acceptance speech and later told members of the media that there is lot to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'