Ben Affleck receives honorary degree
Washington: Ben Affleck was conferred with a doctorate degree from Brown University on Saturday for his achievements in cinema and contributions to humanitarian causes.
The 40-year-old actor, who received the prestigious `Doctor of Fine Arts (DFA)` degree, punched his fist in the air after delivering a passionate speech to his fellow graduates, Contactmusic reported.
He was nominated and voted on by the `Board of Fellows` in September.
The University also honoured Pulitzer-winning author and MIT professor Junot Diaz and four others along with the Oscar winning director.
With this honour, Affleck joined the league of Daniel Day Lewis, Robert De Niro, Meryl Streep and even Kermit the Frog who have also picked up honorary degrees for their film work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- Neeta Lulla considers National Awards 'milestone' of her career
- Susan Sarandon fights to save death row inmate's life