Ben Affleck to receive honorary degree from Brown University
London: ‘Argo’ star Ben Affleck is to be given an honorary degree by Brown University.
The actor and Oscar-winning filmmaker will be granted an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts (DFA) degree next month in recognition of his achievements in cinema, the university announced.
Affleck is among six people who will receive honorary doctorates during the university`s next commencement ceremony on May 26.
He was recently linked with the director`s chair on Warner Bros` planned adaptation of Nathaniel Philbrick`s forthcoming period novel `Bunker Hill: A City, A Siege, A Revolution`, which is set in the aftermath of the Boston Tea Party.
However, Affleck recently said that he intends to spend more time with his family following his Oscars success, while wife Jennifer Garner works on her forthcoming movies `The Dallas Buyer`s Club` and `Draft Day`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic