Ben Affleck to receive honorary degree from Brown University
London: ‘Argo’ star Ben Affleck is to be given an honorary degree by Brown University.
The actor and Oscar-winning filmmaker will be granted an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts (DFA) degree next month in recognition of his achievements in cinema, the university announced.
Affleck is among six people who will receive honorary doctorates during the university`s next commencement ceremony on May 26.
He was recently linked with the director`s chair on Warner Bros` planned adaptation of Nathaniel Philbrick`s forthcoming period novel `Bunker Hill: A City, A Siege, A Revolution`, which is set in the aftermath of the Boston Tea Party.
However, Affleck recently said that he intends to spend more time with his family following his Oscars success, while wife Jennifer Garner works on her forthcoming movies `The Dallas Buyer`s Club` and `Draft Day`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016 schedule: Festivals and significance
- Diwali 2016: Wondering what clothes to buy for kids? Check out the dos and don'ts
- Diwali 2016: Here’s how you can stay fit during festive season
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky: reveals study