Benedict Cumberbatch conducts gay ceremony
London: `Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch conducted a marriage ceremony for his two male friends in Ibiza.
The 27-year-old, previously voted The Sun`s sexiest man, revealed it was the first time he had done it, saying he agreed because it was for an old friend, reported Sun Online.
"It`s a very private, lovely thing to be asked to do. Of course I`m going to make a joke after it if it goes well? `I do weddings. Next will be children`s parties and bat mitzvahs. It`s a mainly Jewish and gay audience so hopefully they will be lenient towards me," he said.
Fellow wedding guest, writer Julie Burchill, raved about the wedding between the two men.
"The hotel was lush, the bridegrooms were beautiful, and the man who married them to each other was Benedict Cumberbatch. So yes, it was quite a blast," said the guest.
Benedict arrived in Ibiza on Friday, his 37th birthday, after finding out he had been nominated for an Emmy for his role in the BBC`s `Parade`s End`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say