Bengal musicians plan `Bachao Uttarakhand` soiree
Kolkata: Bengal`s music fraternity will come together Saturday to present a cultural evening in aid of Uttarakhand.
Cloudburst, landslides and floods last month left a trail of death and destruction in the northern state. Thousands are still missing, and have been presumed dead.
Veteran singers like Usha Uthup, Haimanti Shukla, Banasree Sengupta, Antara Chowdhury, Gautam Ghosh and Shivaji Chattopadhyay as also Rabindra Sangeet exponents like Srabani Sen and Manoj Murali Nair will take the stage at the "Bachao Uttarakhand" soiree to be held at Nazrul Mancha here.
Bengali band artists like Surojit Chatterjee, Manomay Bhattacharya, Soumitram, Rupankar, Sidhu, Raghab Chattopadhyay, Upal, Anindya Bose, Kalika Prasad, Rajib, Pratik Chowdhury will also participate.
The organisers expect to hand out Rs.3-4 lakh to the Uttarakhand government to help the affected and also to rebuild the devastated Kedarnath region.
"Our motivation for organising `Bachao Uttarakhand` is to support the victims of the Uttarakhand disaster," said India Green Reality director Amitava Samanta, the organiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Rukmini- devoted wife of Sri Krishna and incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed to Sanjay Dutt for Rajkumar Hirani's biopic!
- Aditya Chopra to launch Raj Kapoor's grandson Aadar Jain
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission