Bernie Nolan left journal for daughter
London: Irish star Bernie Nolan has left behind a journal full of her happiest memories for teenage daughter.
The singer lost her battle with breast cancer on July 4 at the age of 52, three years after she was first diagnosed with the disease.
Now, her sister Linda has revealed Bernie gave a special notebook to her 14-year-old daughter Erin in her final hours, reported Daily Mirror.
"Erin was Bernie`s whole world, and she wanted to continue to be able to influence her life. So she left a diary for her. It is personal between mother and daughter - full of the memories they share," Linda said.
She also said how the entire family sang to Bernie as the end neared.
"When we knew the time was close... We opened champagne to toast Bernie`s life. We put a glass next to her bed, she would have gone mad if we had left her out!
"On Thursday morning we got up early to be with her. (Her husband) Steve and Erin held her close. We told her not to be frightened and that we loved her," Linda said.
A funeral for the star is scheduled to take place on July 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!